Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Jerry and Nanette


I loved her so much in that distant time,
Put no one above her, she was mine,

The blush on her face virginal,

It was true as later proved,

A soul-seeking person,

She was that to me,

I loved Nanette,

Yes, I did,

I did

I

Saw him,

Standing there,

Giving me stares,

He was a wild man,

I was quiet and subdued,

I wanted that wildness too,

Our Ying & Yang would be okay,

Too late I saw that would not be so,

He tried but drifted off in the shadows.



©August 11, 2010 / Jerry Pat Bolton

2 comments:

  1. I like the form and how it goes with the two different points of view. I understand the inner story as well and how opposites sometimes attract.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thanks. Nanette was my biggest failure. I wronged her. In those days, Martie, I was a petal to the metal wild child. She passed away eight years before our daughter finally tracked me down. And yes, yes, yes, I tried to find them, but they had moved from New York to southern California.

    Thanks for being here.

    ReplyDelete