Monday, November 29, 2010

Whisper


whisper to me where ere you are
though I know you not
I will hear your voice
matters not where I am
your words will be delightful
will cause a smile
ere though I sleep
sleep and yearn for
mystery woman of my dreams
lovers are lovers
only if they love truthfully
dreaming of distant strangers
who dream same dreams as do you
whisper of eternal love
accept them into my heart
where they will live everlastingly
bolstering my own commitment
to our eventual physical entanglement
overflowing with sweet honey
for you to taste
forever shall our love be real
I call upon the great gods as witness
I taste your sweetness
in slumber which you bequeath to me
so do you accept from me
that which I provide so willingly
like a tender leaf brushing across my mouth
the taste of love is exquisite
as the nights multiply
I take pleasure from your beautiful
unknown face
I feel your eyes upon mine
across the void we chance to meet
in wondrous, pleasing dreams
I awake knowing we will
someday
someway
surely make our dreams come true

©September 9, 2010 / Jerry Pat Bolton

2 comments: