Monday, November 29, 2010

Not About You

I didn't write this for
or about you
no matter what you think
you did not come into the picture
your presence is not
inside the lines
I didn't call your name
not even spiritually
if somewhere
within this poem
beauty is spoken of
it will be the beauty of a famous painting
not you
you can sit there
glacially rigid
in my mind you have become extinct
life goes on
without you
sadness is a state of mind
to be overcome
to relapse time and again
like a fart stench
but it goes away again
I have gotten over
your beauty
it serves no place in my being
when I think of you
dark, ominous clouds surround you
an omen
telling me your memory is dead
maybe I'll put these words
to music
I close my eyes
open them quickly
it matter not what you believe
I didn't write this for you.

©November 23, 2010 / Jerry Pat Bolton

No comments:

Post a Comment